In the extreme busyness of life, we seem to not focus on wellness unless something is nagging at us. A symptom (or symptoms) cause us distress, and our first thought is to obliterate them. There is, after all, a pill for every ill.
When you pull away from the all the noise and distractions for a time, you then begin to focus on how you really feel. Wellness in this scenario becomes more a matter of pain, sickness, injury or disease. The self-talk usually consists of “I hope this isn’t serious,” or “I’m going to have to do something about this sooner or later.”
Wellness or health in fact is within your reach. It is a choice about how you live each day. It is a choice in how you think. It is a choice of forming healthy habits. What stands in the way of wellness? Emotions, excuses, limiting beliefs and lack of clarity. Let’s look at common blocks to progress to wellness in these four areas:
- • Fear is probably the biggest hindrance to progress. It’s fear of the unknown, fear of change, of failure and commitment. What am I going to have to do?
- • Negativity usually results from telling yourself you will not be able to stick with it. I’m like I am because of genetics, so it’s the cards I’ve been dealt. Negativity goes hand in hand with denial.
- • I’m too busy. My work schedule is so tight, I’ve no time to think about changes.
- • I’ll take better care of myself soon.
- • My budget doesn’t allow for anything different right now like a gym membership, healthier food, etc.
- • I’ve got a great doctor with check-ups every six months. He takes care of my wellness.
- • There’s nothing that can be done about what I have.
- • They have no cure.
- • I won’t be able to follow through in a program. I know myself.
- • I’ve tried other things before which didn’t work for me. So, there is nothing that will make a difference.
- • I have to expect these things because of my age.
- • It runs in my family.
Lack of Clarity
- • Health and health care are matters for professionals to understand.
- • I really don’t understand the functions of my body.
- • Is my liver on this side or that side? I have a pain in this area but not sure what’s there.
- • I can’t verbalize the capability of the human body.
- • There’s so much information out there, it’s confusing.
- • What can I do to experience wellness?
We all have important things we want to accomplish in this life. When you are healthy, you can accomplish much more. As a parent, wellness is a great blessing to share with your little ones. Knowing how to get well and stay well is priceless. What is it you want to achieve and how will that feel to you?
If you need assistance in dispelling the fogginess in how to live your best health each day, let’s have a natural health chat. In the meantime, consider attending a Progression To Health Summit where you will take home an abundance of wisdom and the tools to apply for a lifetime.